Shaun completed his Bachelor of Science and Masters in Osteopathy at Victoria University.
Shaun has spent his whole life living in Blackburn and has a strong connection to the local community. Shaun is an avid basketballer. After playing for more than 15 years, including a tour of the USA, he moved into coaching in both the junior and senior programs at the Blackburn Basketball Club. Shaun has also previously worked as a sports trainer at the Whitehorse Football Club and has treated athletes at several other sporting events including netball and dodgeball.
Shaun has a keen interest in rehabilitation and promoting self-health and wellbeing through education and lifestyle changes. He applies a holistic approach to treatment and enjoys the challenge of finding the root cause of the issue.
Shaun also works for Corporate Work Health Australia Pty Ltd who specialise in workplace ergonomic assessments and education, and he currently conducts ergonomic and manual handling training and risk assessments across Melbourne. In 2020, Shaun completed his Diploma in Work Health & Safety and consequently was recognized by Osteopathy Australia as an Advanced Occupational Health Osteopath.
If Shaun wasn’t busy enough, he also teaches in the Osteopathy course at Victoria University and is currently completing his Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education.
Outside of work, you will find Shaun watching or participating in whatever sport is available, which often includes a round of golf with his mates or watching his beloved Collingwood Football Club.
Shaun is a member of Osteopathy Australia and is continually active in post graduate training including:
- Level 1 Sports Trainer Course – SMA
- Rocktape Taping Course – Rocktape Australia
- Level 1 Myofasical Dry Needling and Cupping – Manual Medicine Australasia
- NAT Foundation Course – Treating Frozen Shoulder – Neil Asher (osteopath)
- Ergonomic Risk Assessment Course – Corporate Work Health Australia
- Introduction to kettlebells for Rehabilitation – Nick Efthimou (osteopath) and James Ross (S&C)
- Dynamic and Sports Rigid Taping Workshop – Paul Herman (osteopath)
- Mobility, Stability and Motor Control For Performance – Greg Dea (FMS)
- Introduction to Strength Training For Allied Health Professionals – Martyn Girvan (S&C Coach), Daniel Di Pasqua (S&C Coach) & Heath Williams (osteopath)
- Vehicle Ergonomic Risk Assessment Course – Corporate Work Health Australia
- Using psychological pain management tools and news ways of communicating with your patients in the physical therapy setting – Helen Mentha Mentha Consulting Motivational Interviewing and Kaye Frankcom
- Exercise for chronic pain 2 hour workshop – Nick Efthimiou (osteopath)
- Strength and Conditioning Applications For Upper Body / Lumbar Spine and Lower Body Musculoskeletal Complaints – 2 day workshop – Martyn Girvan (S&C), Daniel Di Pasqua (S&C Melb Storm), Heath Williams (osteopath / s&c)
- Reconciling biomechanics with pain science – Greg Lehman (physiotherapist/chiropractor)
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy education course – DJO Global Chattanooga – 1 day course – Cliff Eaton (physio)
- Tendinopathies – Sports Doctor Karen Holzer – South Yarra Sports Medicine
- Kinetic Link Training – Level 1 – Wayne Rogers Physiotherapist
- Lyn Watson Shoulder Course – Level 1 – Lyn Watson
- 5 Step Kinetic Chain Screen Workshop – Free 2 Move – Grant Burrows Osteopath
- Long term athletic development approach to strength training for the inexperienced emerging athlete – ASCA
- Mick Hughes – Non-Operative Management of ACL
- Analysis Of Olympic Weightlifting – Benjamin Lustig Physiotherapist
- Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety – Easy HR Training
- Diploma in Work Health & Safety – Easy HR Training
- Job Task Analysis – JobFit System
- The Stiff and Unstable Shoulder – Jared Powell (The shoulder physio)
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education – Victoria University